Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hiding

Avoiding work is an art form in our modern age.  Last night I stayed up until 4am playing online games…and now I’m so exhausted that I parked the work van behind my house and went and hid inside…trying to sleep but I can’t.


Feelings of guilt?  Being paid to do nothing…rather…to bitch to strangers/no one/you?


I really hate my job.  People treat me like shit, I’m an intelligent programmer…but they think I’m Larry the Phone guy who comes in to hook up wires and doesn’t know fuck all about anything.  What is the measure of a man?



  • Money he/she makes

  • Friends He/She has

  • Trophies on the wall

  • List of accomplishments

  • education

Really…does any of that even matter if it’s not what YOU want?  Why should everyone else dictate my value.  What if…what I value is having my own car, house, computer, bicycle.  Then I’ve fucking made it…and by comparison to many other people…I have made it.  I’m sitting on the lap of luxury with my 25k a year job…but still…feel…inadequate because I don’t measure up to society’s gauge of success.


Make me feel shitty for not being a doctor/lawyer/rich man.  Can I please for the fucking love of anything holy…be left alone and appreciated for whatever bastion of individuality I have left?

No comments:

Post a Comment